Crossposted from King County Youth Marijuana Prevention and Education Program
Open to all partners and their networks!
The King County Youth Marijuana Prevention and Education Program and Dover (NH) Youth to Youth are collaborating to provide a series of webinars focusing on empowering youth to participate in advocacy around substance misuse. This will include seven webinars taking place at 1:00 pm PT on seven selected Fridays during February, March and early April 2022.
Training Schedule & Topic Descriptions
- Developing Presentation Skills – Friday, February 4, 2022
- Best Practices for Administering a Youth Empowerment Program – Friday, February 18, 2022
- Short Theatrical Skits and Retail Responsibility – Friday, February 25, 2022
- Pop Culture Influences and Advertising/Media Influences – Friday, March 11, 2022
- Policy Change – Friday, March 25, 2022
- How to Kick Off an Activism Event – Friday, April 1, 2022
- Working with the Press – Friday, April 8, 2022
Who is it for?
These sessions are ideal for adult advisers who coordinate a youth advocacy program, those responsible to supervise such a program, or staff from a prevention coalition who hope to design or implement a youth program in the future. Many of these topics, and the material covered, would be beneficial for youth leaders and you are welcome to include them in the training at your discretion. Anyone in Washington state is welcome to register and join! Please share with your networks!
How to Register:
To register for the any or all of the webinars, follow this link and complete the short form capturing contact info:
We will email the Zoom link to registered participants by Wednesday of each week there is a webinar. When you sign onto Zoom on the day of a webinar – it will query you to provide your name and other info before you are admitted (this is how Zoom will track attendance).