Please RSVP here to attend: https://forms.microsoft.com/r/qdYkRCnaZn
You are invited to attend a Youth Mental Health Town Hall in person, facilitated by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal with Seattle Children’s. Audience members will have the opportunity to hear from and engage with a diverse representation of panelists. This will be a conversation centered around youth and community voices in order to:
- Raise awareness about mental health in youth
- Reduce stigma around mental health needs
- Hold space for youth to share their experiences
- Hear about the current climate of youth mental health through the lens of community providers
- Share community perspectives to find solutions for addressing gaps in youth mental health needs
*Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status, masking, and signed media release are required to attend. In order to hold space for the sensitivity of the stories and vulnerable topics being discussed, the event location will be provided to external audience members by RSVP and will not be live-streamed. A recording of this event will be made available to participants via shared link after October 24th and dinner to go will be provided. Please contact Malia D’Alio with any questions or guest list requests: Malia.Dalio@seattlechildrens.org
Disclaimer: this event is not associated with a political campaign or fundraiser. Seattle Children’s Hospital is an organization recognized as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. As such, Seattle Children’s Hospital cannot and does not endorse or oppose any candidate for elected public office. Any views being expressed at this event are those of the participants and not Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Acknowledgements – Hugh Ewart (State & Federal Govt Relations Senior Director, Seattle Children’s)
Welcome – Dr. Jeff Sperring (CEO, Seattle Children’s)
Opening Remarks – Rep. Pramila Jayapal (WA-07)
Context Setting & Panelist Introductions – Kashi Arora (Mental & Behavioral Health Program Manager, Seattle Children’s)
Youth Panelists Share Stories
- Introduce themselves
- Share a little bit about their own experience w/mental health
Community/Providers Share Experiences
- Introduce themselves and their role
- Current state – as they see it in their space
Round Table Conversation led by Rep. Jayapal & Kashi Arora
- For youth: What worked? What did you find helpful?
- For youth: what didn’t work? What do you wish had been different?
- For providers: based on the current state you described, what is needed to solve some of the issues?
Q&A from Audience – In Person Questions + responding to questions that were sent in advance
Reflections & Closing Remarks – Rep. Pramila Jayapal
Thank You/Event Adjourns – Dr. Jeff Sperring