In an effort to highlight new and creative ways school-based health staff are engaging youth in conversations around health and well-being, we are starting a series called It Starts with You(th).
Two local young adults and former HPV Vaccine Champions, Magdalene Tran and Yuhaniz Ali recently produced videos with Public Health–Seattle & King County (PHSKC) to promote youth COVID vaccines.
These videos were created and produced by young people for young people!
- Getting vaccinated protects young people from getting and spreading COVID-19. Here’s what else you need to know about vaccines for 12 to 17 year-olds–watch the videos on Facebook and Instagram.
- It’s so important for parents and guardians to know that when our children get vaccinated, it protects the entire community. Kids ages 5 to 11 are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine–watch this video for young people, parents, and guardians on Facebook and Instagram.
What can you do to support and promote these messages?
- Share the links on ALL OF your social media sites
- Tag your friends, family, schools, and organizations who could benefit from seeing this video
- Show the videos for 12 to 17 year olds to the students in your middle and high school classrooms, share them with your teens, and share in emails home to your students’ parents/guardians
- Show the videos for 5 to 11 year olds with parents and guardians in your PTSAs and PTAs, school board meetings, and share in emails home to your students’ parents/guardians
- Host a virtual viewing party where you and your friends can watch the videos and discuss them
Have a youth engagement story you’d like to share? Contact the team at Public Health!