It wasn’t quite the same as seeing you all in person at South Seattle College, yet we still enjoyed seeing your faces and hearing your voices on the 2020-21 Virtual Launch Event this week! You can review the slides and the recording below. In addition, here are some of the links we mentioned during the webinar (which are also linked in the slide deck).
- King County TV segment on SBHCs
- Kaiser Permanente SBHC intro videos
- “What You Need to Know” guide for the 2020-21 school year/contracts
As always, we remind you of the various resources available to school-based health partners including:
- Data use and quality improvement support
- Professional development
- Current roster of school-based health staff
- Tools and resources to support your clinics and practice
In lieu of discussion planned for the latter part of the Virtual Launch Event, we will be hosting a virtual learning collaborative on Wednesday, October 21 from noon-1pm. An email invitation will be sent out to school-based health partners. The discussion prompt will be “What opportunities can school nurses and SBHCs create for students to get immunizations this fall?“* This will be an open and informal opportunity to connect and network with your colleagues in small groups. We look forward to seeing you there!
*Note that we are currently discussing the best approach to addressing the other two discussion topics that were not covered during the Virtual Launch Event:
- Outreach techniques in the age of COVID/remote learning
- How can we as individuals and teams work towards change when we are surrounded by the ingrained institutionalized racism of the school system and of our own organizations?
Stay tuned for more!