UPDATE: AGENDA RELEASED!
We are thrilled to announce that Seattle City Councilmember, Lorena Gonzalez will be leading our welcome this year and Marya Gingrey, Director of Equity and Community Partnerships at Healthier Here will be giving the keynote address.
- 8:30-9am – Coffee and networking
- 9-9:15am – Welcome from Seattle City Councilmember Lorena Gonzalez
- 9:15-10:15am – Keynote with Marya Gingrey (Director of Equity and Community Partnerships, Healthier Here)
- 10:15-10:45am – Program introductions
- 10:45-11am – Break
- 11am-noon – Site-Based Planning Discussions
- Noon-12:45pm – Buffet lunch and networking for full-day attendees
- 12:45-1:45pm – Making a Difference by Working Differently: Applying “Open Space” to School-Based Health
- 1:45-2pm – Closing remarks
The 2019-20 School-Based Health Retreat will be held on Wednesday, August 28 from 9am-2pm at South Seattle College (as in previous years). School-based health staff and partners should have received a placeholder calendar invite as well as the link to register (please check your email or contact us if you have not received it.) Additional details and a formal invitation to follow.
The Retreat will be held at the South Seattle College Main Campus at the Brockey Conference Center. The address is 6000 16th Avenue SW, Seattle, WA 98106. We encourage you to carpool or use public or alternative transportation when possible.
Enter the campus at “Entry 3” (the southernmost entrance) and look for signs to “South Parking” and Brockey Center (they are located on your right after entering the campus). Parking permits may be purchased for $3/car (parking validation is not available; look for the small parking permit kiosk in the South Lot). We recommend the South Lot as it is closest to the Brockey Conference Center where the day’s events will be held. Once a daily parking permit is purchased, you may park anywhere in the South Lot or adjacent lots (including where it says “Parking by Permit Only.”) Coffee, snacks, and lunch will be provided for full-day attendees. The retreat will begin in the Brockey Conference Center main auditorium (view campus map).
**This year the Retreat will look a bit different!**
Like usual, the day’s events will include opportunities for networking, idea sharing, training, and planning for the upcoming school year. However, this year we are going to do a deeper dive. Instead of role-specific trainings, you and your teams will have more time to workshop topics of your choosing to generate innovative ideas to get your school year off to a great start.
The tentative agenda is as follows:
- Check-in and networking
- Equity and Social Justice key note
- Open Space Technology breakout discussions
- Buffet lunch and networking
- Site level visioning and planning for the school year