Thank you for attending the 2018 Annual Seattle & King County School-Based Health Retreat. We were joined by over 150 of our colleagues for a day of learning, idea sharing, networking, and planning for the 2018-19 school year. We are so grateful you were able to join us!
Please take 5 minutes to complete our Retreat evaluation so we can make sure we continue to provide meaningful and relevant content at future Retreats and events.
We also want to extend our immense gratitude to our wonderful speakers:
- Patty Hayes, RN, MN (Director, Public Health–Seattle & King County)
- Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson, MD, MBE, FAAP (Pediatrician and Chief of Digital Innovation, Seattle Children’s Hospital)
- Dr. Margaret Cary, MD, MPH (King County Behavioral Health and recovery Division, Department of Community and Human Services, Best Starts for Kids)
- Jerry Blackburn, MEd, CDP (Friends of Youth)
- Susan Caverly, PhD, ARNP (Therapeutic Health Services)
- Gustavo Garcia (Student, Garfield High School)
- Rose Gipson (Student, Nathan Hale High School)
- Lena Bloom (Student, Ingraham High School)
- Tina Nguyen (Student, Franklin High School)
Below you will find links to materials our speakers presented during the day:
- Creating Healthier Communities (Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson)
- The Disconnections and Connections of Adolescent Brain Development (Dr. Margaret Cary)
- Investing in the Development of Resilience: Helping Youth Not Feel Broken (Jerry Blackburn)
- Getting the Diagnosis Right (Dr. Susan Caverly)
Thank you again and have a great school year!