Immunizations make up a significant amount of school-based health work, from School Nurses’ diligent compliance tracking to school-based health center medical staff providing shots on site. As such, staying up-to-date on the latest news and recommendations is key!
Our friends in the Immunizations program at Public Health–Seattle & King County suggest the following resources to help you stay ahead of the game:
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
- Straight from the CDC, this gives great detail with minimal commentary. Sign up for email or text message alerts for a variety of topics here.
- Immunization Action Coalition
- This resource in particular is highly recommended as the IAC sends a weekly e-newsletter with lots of great updates and resources.
- National Foundation for Infectious Disease (NFID)
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
- Virtual Immunization Communication (VIC) Network
- Shot of Prevention
- Every Child By Two
You can also email or call (206-296-4774) Public Health with clinic immunization questions!