The 2018-19 School-Based Health Retreat will be held on Wednesday, August 29 from 8:30am-4:30pm at South Seattle College (as in previous years). School-based health staff and partners should have received a placeholder calendar invite as well as the link to register (please check your email or contact us if you have not received it.) Additional details and a formal invitation to follow.
The Retreat will be held at the South Seattle College Main Campus at the Brockey Conference Center. The address is 6000 16th Avenue SW, Seattle, WA 98106. We encourage you to carpool or use public or alternative transportation when possible. Parking is available for $3 per car (parking validation is not available; look for the small parking permit kiosk in the South Lot). We recommend the South Lot as it is closest to the Brockey Conference Center where the day’s events will be held. Coffee, snacks, and lunch will be provided for full-day attendees. The retreat will begin in the Brockey Conference Center main auditorium (view campus map).
The day’s events will include opportunities for networking, idea sharing, training, and planning for the upcoming school year. The tentative agenda is as follows:
- Check-in and networking
- Welcome from Patty Hayes, Director, Public Health–Seattle & King County
- Plenary with Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Plenary with Adolescent Psychiatrist, Dr. Meg Carey
- Buffet lunch and networking
- Site level visioning and planning for the school year
- Updates for the 2018-19 school year
- Concurrent sessions on:
- Youth Engagement: Student Perspectives (suggested for all)
- Getting the Diagnosis Right (suggested for mental health providers)
- Investing in the Development of resilience: Helping Youth Not Feel Broken (suggested for medical providers and school nurses)
- “Happy hour” with School-Based Partnerships Team