As providers and staff in schools, you are oftentimes positioned to best recognize mental health concerns in your students and connect them to services. But in addition to recognizing and addressing mental health, you also play a huge role in promoting mental wellbeing and resilience among your students. For all the roles that you play from prevention to treatment, we thank you!
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, below are some resources to support you in your efforts to promote mental wellbeing and resilience:
- What is the RULER curriculum?
- MTSS in Seattle Public Schools
- NAMI Ending the Silence
- Trauma-Informed SBHCs
- Building Resilience in Youth
- What other prevention resources have you found to be helpful? Leave comments below!
- Review the list of mental health resources and tools at the bottom of our Training and Professional Development page
- Check out upcoming and past trainings offered by Public Health and your organization (the Public Health 2018-19 calendar will be posted in September)
- Agencies like Health and Human Services and the National Alliance on Mental Illness offer various resources not only for youth but providers and support staff as well
- What other treatment resources have you found to be helpful? Leave comments below!