We are looking forward to seeing you at the Annual School-Based Health Retreat on Wednesday, August 30th from 8:30am-4:30pm. The Retreat will be held at South Seattle College in the Brockey Conference Center (see map below). Directions can be found here.
For those driving, we suggest parking in the South Parking Lot (see map below and information here). Parking is $3/day/car (note location of the payment kiosk in the map below) and there is also a bus line (Route 125) that goes directly to the campus (use the King County Metro Trip Planner to get to the Retreat by bus). We encourage carpooling and other “green” modes of transportation.
The agenda is as follows:
- 8:30-9:00am – Coffee and Networking
- 9:00-9:15am – Welcome from Patty Hayes
- 9:15-9:30am – Building Level Introductions
- 9:30-9:45am – Overview of New School-Based Health Investments
- 9:45-10:30am – Creating a Trauma-Informed School Health System with David Lewis (Seattle Public Schools)
- 10:30-10:45am – Break
- 10:45am-12:00pm – Consent, Connection & Choices: Weaving Reproductive Justice into Our Work with Kirsten Harris-Talley (Surge Reproductive Justice)
- 12:00-12:45pm – Buffet Lunch & Networking (vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan options available)
- 12:45-1:45pm – Building Level Planning
- 1:45-2:00pm – Break
- 2:00-4:00pm – Concurrent Sessions:
- Enrollment Updates and Student Outreach Support
- Suicide Prevention
- Putting the Mouth Back in the Body: Dental Care in School Settings
- School-Based Health Quality Improvement
- 4:00-4:30pm – Staff Breakouts:
- Adolescent Immunizations Meeting
- New Staff Orientation and Welcome
Please contact us if you have any questions! See you then!