May is National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month! Consider the following celebratory activities for yourself or your patients:
- Level Up: An Epic Swiping Adventure is a fun, interactive “smart device” game that leads players through different relationship challenges and decisions. Share it with your students!
- Use tips from the Get Involved Guide from The National Campaign and the Health and Human Services NTPPM Supporter Toolkit such as:
- Using the #NTPPM tag on social media.
- Following @TheNC or @StayTeen or other adolescent sexual health social media handles.
- Check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website, featuring tools and resources for serving teens.
- Understand social determinants of adolescent health, including teen pregnancy. Check out the Whole Teen Assessment Question Bank from Reproductive Health Equity for Youth and consider what questions you could add to or adjust in your intake process to better assess the conditions in which teens live, learn, work, and play.
- Join the movement. Take the pledge. Ask for consent.
- Sign up for the OSPI Sexual Health Education Newsletter for more tips, tools, and trainings to support your work!