Thank you for attending the Annual School-Based Health Retreat at South Seattle College on Wednesday, August 31st! We hope you found it useful and informative, and that it helped you and your teams start this school year on the right foot.
For those who pre-registered, you will receive copies of the day’s presentations and handouts via email. If you did not receive these materials, please let us know.
Below are links to items highlighted at the retreat that are available online. For more information about any of these topics, please reach out to the speakers or Public Health–Seattle & King County staff who would be happy to connect you with additional resources.
- “Cultural Competence in the 21st Century” (Dr. Caprice Hollins, Cultures Connecting, LLC)
- If you would like additional information about Cultures Connecting or their public workshops, please click here to join their mailing list.
- “Suicide Prevention, Intervention, Re-Entry & Postvention: Health Center Practices & Coordination” (Sue Eastgard, MSW, Forefront: Innovations in Suicide Prevention)
- If your SBHC requested a hardcopy of the toolkit at the retreat, we will be distributing those to your clinic managers. If you would like an electronic copy, you can find it here: http://store.samhsa.gov/product/Preventing-Suicide-A-Toolkit-for-High-Schools/SMA12-4669
- “Working Respectfully With Trans* and Gender Non-Conforming Youth” (Lisa Love, Seattle Public Schools, and Becky Reitzes, Public Health–Seattle & King County)
- Below are links to the Highline School District’s policy and procedures:
- “Data Matters: Working with data to impact your practice and improve care and outcomes” (Sara Rigel and Jessica Knaster Wasse, Public Health–Seattle & King County)
- Here is a link about data sharing between SBHCs and school nurses: http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/faq/517/does-hipaa-allow-a-health-care-provider-to-disclose-information-to-a-school-nurse/index.html
Thank you again for a lively and productive retreat. We look forward to working with your teams this school year!